The Local Tourist is one of the most popular and respected resources for things to do and places to go in Chicago. For over a decade we’ve established a reputation as the go-to source for entertainment options. There are thousands of attractions and events in this city, but with our curated content and trustworthy recommendations, both locals and tourists find it easy to plan their Chicago experience.
Theresa Carter, The Local Tourist’s Founder and Publisher, is a recognized influencer in Chicago. She’s an Emmy-winning writer and content creator who has appeared in Crain’s Chicago, the Chicago Tribune, and Chicagoist, and on WGN, WLUP, ChicagonistaLive, ArcLight Connects, and WCIU’s You and Me. She was one of the founding bloggers of ChicagoNow, was the Chicago Expert for Answers.com, and is a contributor to 1000TravelTips.com. She’s also spoken on marketing, motivation, and entrepreneurship at several panels and conferences.
When you work with The Local Tourist, you work with one of Chicago’s most well respected websites and biggest cheerleaders.
Why You Should Work With The Local Tourist
- The Local Tourist knows your audience. We’ve shared thousands and thousands of recommendations, and we’re intimately familiar with what excites people enough to get out there and explore.
- We reach Chicagoans where they are: online, on the most active social networks, and in their inboxes.
- We know events. As the host of fifteen AlphaBeer events and over 70 Chef’s Table events, The Local Tourist knows what it takes to successfully market an event, and we’ve developed a complete Event Marketing Package that reaches our ever-expanding audience in multiple formats.
- We’re also affordable. Marketing can be expensive, and our goal is to provide options for every budget. Most importantly, we want each and every one of our partners to feel like they’ve received more than their money’s worth.
- Finally, we hand-pick our clients and will only work with companies that we respect and that our audience will love. Our audience knows this, which means they trust our recommendations. We take “know, like, and trust” seriously in every aspect of our business.
We also provide tools so that businesses and event hosts can share their information directly. You can begin reaching our audience immediately with our self-serve Premium Business and Event Listings. We also offer a suite of promotional options for both businesses and events. To learn more about our various marketing opportunities please fill out the form below:
- Business Marketing: ideal for local businesses
- Event Marketing: suited for event hosts
- Category Sponsorship: information on sponsoring our popular categories (i.e. Breweries, Things To Do, Food & Drink Specials, New Year's Eve, etc.)
- Local Marketing Media Kit: includes details for both business and event marketing. Perfect for businesses that host frequent events